Programming and Tool Development (12 weeks)
Coding that makes creativity come to life
The creative industry is in need for fresh talent with the technical outlook to ensure that artists have the technology at their fingertips to bring their imagination to our screens. Having the right technical expertise can make you an invaluable member in any studio team.
Our Programming and Tool Development course provides you with the skill set required to work as a Pipeline TD, Technical Artist or Tool Developer. You’ll learn the fundamental skills and knowledge to get you noticed by leading VFX, Games and Animation studios in the UK and around the world.
By the end of our 12 week course, you’ll have a solid understanding of programming and tool development techniques specific to the demands of the creative industries, such as managing large quantities of graphics data and ensuring that processing power is used efficiently.
- Location: Midtown Campus
- Start dates: TBC
- Tuition fees: £11,295
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 12 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors for an informal chat and speak to other students.
Try before you buy and get a hands-on feel for what it's like to study with us.
You'll work in an industry-style studio to get a taste of what it's like to work in industry.
Meet our tutors
Our tutors know exactly what skills and experience you'll need to kick-start your career. Best of all, they'll teach you real-world tips and tricks, as well as the latest industry software and techniques, throughout your programme of study.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapees) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, DNEG and Electric Theatre Collective.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career