Python (5 weeks)
This introductory short course will teach you the basics of Python - a powerful programming tool that is widely used in the VFX, animation and gaming industries.
Knowing Python is a real plus within the creative industries as it allows you to automate repetitive tasks such as creating rigs, walk cycles and manually inputting filepaths to textures. Python is the perfect programming language to start learning to code, it’s flexible and can be run as a simple standalone script, or as a module as a part of a bigger library of software tools.
The main VFX software providers, Maya, Nuke, Mari, Houdini and Shotgun all include integrated Python interpreters. As with all of our courses, you'll be hands-on in the studio and will learn how to think like a programmer. You'll apply your skills to practical projects and be led by an experienced tutor who has worked in the VFX industry.
The course is taught over 5 weeks, twice a week on weekday evenings, allowing you to continue with full-time work.
Escape Studios West
- COURSE START DATES
12 June 2017
- TUITION FEES
- MODE OF STUDY
- PROGRAMME DURATION
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet your tutor
James has over 4 years' experience in visual effects, and is currently a Rigging Technical Director at Framestore. He got his start by completing his BSc and MSc in Computer Animation and Visual Effects at the University of Bradford.
He has spent three years at Framestore, where he has worked as a Render Wrangler and an Assistant TD, mainly scripting tools for animation and working on facial re-targeting. His film credits include Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Doctor Strange, Alien: Covenant, and many more.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional mentoring, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career