Python (Evening - 5 weeks)
This introductory short course will teach you the basics of Python - a powerful programming tool that is widely used in the VFX, animation and gaming industries.
Knowing Python is a real plus within the creative industries as it allows you to automate repetitive tasks such as creating rigs, walk cycles and manually inputting filepaths to textures. Python is the perfect programming language to start learning to code, it’s flexible and can be run as a simple standalone script, or as a module as a part of a bigger library of software tools.
The main VFX software providers, Maya, Nuke, Mari, Houdini and Shotgun all include integrated Python interpreters.
As with all of our courses, you'll be hands-on in the studio and will learn how to think like a programmer. You'll apply your skills to practical projects and be led by an experienced tutor who has worked in the VFX industry.
- Location: London campus
- Start dates: TBC
- Tuition fees: £1,295
- Mode of study: Part time (Mon and Wed evening: 7 pm - 10 pm)
- Programme duration: 5 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career