Rigging (Evening - 8 weeks)
Do you want to master the basics of rigging?
Rigging is a specialist area in the animation industry and a skill that many 3D artists and animators need in order to understand how character rigs are built. This course will help broaden your skillset and introduce you to some of the automated rigging systems currently available. You’ll learn all the basics of rigging in Autodesk Maya (an understanding of Maya basics required) and what real practising riggers do in the industry.
As well as providing the key skills needed to master the basics, this course is designed, developed and delivered by industry professionals. This includes the course tutor, Mike Davies, a veteran rigger, whose film credits include Minions and The Hobbit, so you'll be learning straight from a practicing professional.
To provide additional support and practice there will also be an 8 week period of online mentoring, in which students can polish their skills in a virtual classroom and receive ongoing feedback and support.
- Location: Midtown campus
- Start dates: TBC
- Tuition fees: £995
- Mode of study: Part time (Monday Evening: 7pm - 10pm, plus additional 8 weeks of online mentoring)
- Programme duration: 8 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, UK or EU based (some prior experience with Maya is advisable)
Meet our tutors
Michael Davies is 3D Artist who brings his experince of working on VFX blockbuster films such as Batman vs Superman, Doctor Strange and Thor Ragnarok to Escape Studios and is the lead tutor for our 8 week Rigging course.
Michael's main areas of expertise are rigging and modelling, but he has also worked as a generalist and supervisor. Michael has been developing future creative talent by sharing his skills since 2014 and is also an Accredited Trainer for Maya at Autodesk.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career