Storyboarding (4 weeks)
Our popular evening course is now available to study as a daytime course (full-time). So if you’re looking to boost your skills, want to learn more about conceptual process or discover what it takes to be a storyboard artist - this is the course for you.
Over 4 week, we’ll show you the art and craft of storyboarding, the initial conceptual process required before any feature can be created. It’s relevant for anyone who wants to learn storyboarding, whether for live action, animation, commercials, or your own private projects.
The course has been designed by industry professionals, including the very talented Francesca Adams, Storyboard Artist at Blue Zoo (one of London's leading animation houses). Industry engagement is the heart of all of our courses and students will work on a live industry brief as part of this course.
To provide additional support and practice there will also be an 8 week period of online mentoring, in which students can polish their skills in a virtual classroom and receive ongoing feedback and support.
- Location: Midtown campus
- Start dates: TBC
- Tuition fees: £2,000
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time) Monday - Friday 10am - 5pm, plus additional 4 weeks of online mentoring
- Programme duration: 4 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
- Summer study - spend your summer honing your artistic skills with this daytime short courses (full-time).
- Developed with industry - you'll get hands on experience and the chance to work on a live industry brief.
- Online mentoring will continue for a further 8 weeks. Students will be set a series of projects for delivery, using a Facebook Group as an online virtual classroom. Tutors will provide online mentoring and individual feedback.
- Our small class sizes ensure that we deliver a personalised, student-led approach to learning.
Meet our tutors
Francesca has over 6 years’ experience in working as a professional animator and is currently a storyboarding artist at BlueZoo Animation. She obtained her undergraduate degree in Animation from the University for the Creative Arts and completed an MA in Directing Animation at NFTS.
Her projects include, Digby Dragon, Miffy adventures big and small and Go Jetters. Her specialities include 2D Digital, traditional drawn character animation, character design, and storyboarding.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career