Storyboarding (8 weeks)
Every good artist tells a story... learn about the initial conceptual process required to create a feature.
This course provides an introduction to the art and craft of storyboarding, the initial conceptual process required before any feature can be created. It’s relevant for anyone who wants to learn storyboarding, whether for live action, animation, commercials, or your own private projects.
The course is designed and delivered by industry professionals, including the very talented Francesca Adams. Francesca is a storyboard artist at Blue Zoo, one of London's leading animation houses. There will also be a live industry brief to give our students experience of what an industry storyboard test is actually like.
To provide additional support and practice there will also be an 8 week period of online mentoring and aftercare, in which students can polish their skills in a virtual classroom and receive ongoing feedback and support.
- LOCATION: West campus
- START DATES:
31 October 2017
6 June 2018
31 October 2018
- TUITION FEES: £995
- MODE OF STUDY: Part time (Tuesday Evening: 7pm - 10pm, plus additional 8 weeks of online mentoring)
- PROGRAMME DURATION: 8 weeks
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Meet our tutors
Francesca has over 6 years’ experience in working as a professional animator and is currently a storyboarding artist at BlueZoo Animation. She obtained her undergraduate degree in Animation from the University for the Creative Arts and completed an MA in Directing Animation at NFTS.
Her projects include, Digby Dragon, Miffy adventures big and small and Go Jetters. Her specialities include 2D Digital, traditional drawn character animation, character design, and storyboarding.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX studios including Framestore, The Mill, BlueBolt, MPC, Glassworks and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional mentoring, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapee's) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, Double Negative and The Electric Theatre Company.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career