Storyboarding (Evening - 8 weeks)
Every good artist tells a story... learn about the initial conceptual process required to create a feature.
This course provides an introduction to the art and craft of storyboarding, the initial conceptual process required before any feature can be created. It’s relevant for anyone who wants to learn storyboarding, whether for live action, animation, commercials, or your own private projects.
The course is designed and delivered by industry professionals, including the very talented Francesca Adams. Francesca is a storyboard artist at Blue Zoo, one of London's leading animation houses. There will also be a live industry brief to give our students experience of what an industry storyboard test is actually like.
To provide additional support and practice there will also be an 8 week period of online mentoring, in which students can polish their skills in a virtual classroom and receive ongoing feedback and support.
- Location: London campus
- Start dates: 3 June 2020
- Tuition fees: £995
- Mode of study: Part time (Wednesday Evening: 7pm - 10pm, plus additional 8 weeks of online mentoring)
- Programme duration: 8 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career