Video Games Art and Effects Production (18 weeks)
You’ve played the Game, now it’s time to create the Game!
Learn all you need to know about becoming a Games Artist with our 18 week Video Game Art and Effects Production course! You'll study the core principles as part of our 12 week programme, but develop your skills to an advance level via techniques such as simulations and dynamic meshes.
Our course has been designed to meet the demand for new creative talent as the UK's Games industry expands across mobile, PC and console. It focuses on developing your artistic skills and creativity as preparation for a career in the games industry, from world-building to work flows for magical effects.
Our industry advisors and partners have inputted into the design of the course to ensure you learn real world skills. You’ll get to grips with industry standard software such as Unreal Engine, ZBrush and Maya, as well as the practical vocational experience to secure a job in the games industry.
- Location: London Campus
- Start dates:
25 September 2020
- Tuition fees: £15,950
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 18 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English.
Industry feedback from Creative Assembly
Meet our tutors
Simon is a Digital Artist with 22 years experience working in video games and computer graphics.
He joined the team at Escape Studios in 2008, now the Head of Games, he leads the Games Art courses. After graduating from a Fine Art background, Simon joined Bits Studios and later moved on to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe for 10 years, designing and creating environments, characters and leading teams at a senior level.
He worked in senior lead roles on nine published titles including Total NBA ’97, This is Football, Getaway, Black Monday, Kinetic, Kinetic Combat and Sony Playstation Home. During his career he has also created bespoke courses for corporate clients in the video games and TV sectors such as Rare, Big Big Studios and the BBC.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career