Video Games Art Production (12 weeks)
Take your skills from player to Game Art pro, learning the tools to create your very own environment.
Turn your gaming passion into a career with our intensive Video Games Art Production course. It has been been designed to meet the demand for new creative talent, as games evolve across mobile, PC and console the industry is rapidly growing.
The course has been developed by our Head of Games, Simon Fenton, with the skills and techniques required by the Games industry. You’ll get to grips with a range of software that is currently used by professionals such as Unreal Engine, ZBrush and Maya.
You’ll learn the principles behind game art, gaining a full understanding of the games production pipeline with techniques such as interactivity with 3D and animation workflows. The course focuses on developing your artist skills and creativity to equip you with the core skills in practices such as environment art and digital sculpting. To top if off, a Games Artist from Creative Assembly will attend at least one of your classes to provide professional feedback so you can learn directly from the pros.
- Location: Midtown Campus
- Start dates: 30 September 2019
- Tuition fees: £11,295
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 12 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English.
Meet our tutors for an informal chat and speak to other students.
Try before you buy and get a hands-on feel for what it's like to study with us.
You'll work in an industry-style studio to get a taste of what it's like to work in industry.
Meet our tutors
Simon is a Digital Artist with 22 years experience working in video games and computer graphics.
He joined the team at Escape Studios in 2008, now the Head of Games, he leads the Games Art courses. After graduating from a Fine Art background, Simon joined Bits Studios and later moved on to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe for 10 years, designing and creating environments, characters and leading teams at a senior level.
He worked in senior lead roles on nine published titles including Total NBA ’97, This is Football, Getaway, Black Monday, Kinetic, Kinetic Combat and Sony Playstation Home. During his career he has also created bespoke courses for corporate clients in the video games and TV sectors such as Rare, Big Big Studios and the BBC.
Industry partners and advisors influence everything we do, from the curriculum we teach and how it's delivered to our webinars and special events.
We work alongside an impressive list of VFX and Games studios including Framestore, The Mill, Climax, State of Play, Creative Assembly and many more across all our courses at Escape Studios.
With exclusive professional feedback, intensive software training and much more, our industry-led courses give you up-to-the-minute, inspirational knowledge and experience, tailored to the work you’re passionate about. Our Escape Studios Alumni (Escapees) can be found in many of the studios including MPC, DNEG and Electric Theatre Collective.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career