Video Games Art Production (12 weeks)
Take your skills from player to Game Art pro, learning the tools to create your very own environment.
Turn your gaming passion into a career with our intensive Video Games Art Production course. It has been been designed to meet the demand for new creative talent, as games evolve across mobile, PC and console the industry is rapidly growing.
The course has been developed by our Head of Games, Simon Fenton, with the skills and techniques required by the Games industry. You’ll get to grips with a range of software that is currently used by professionals such as Unreal Engine, ZBrush and Maya.
You’ll learn the principles behind game art, gaining a full understanding of the games production pipeline with techniques such as interactivity with 3D and animation workflows. The course focuses on developing your artist skills and creativity to equip you with the core skills in practices such as environment art and digital sculpting.
- Location: London Campus or Online
- Start dates: 15 February 2021
- Tuition fees:
London Campus: £11,295
- Mode of study: Daytime (full-time)
- Programme duration: 12 weeks
- Entry requirements: Aged 18 or over, a good understanding of written and spoken English.
Meet our tutors
Simon is a Digital Artist with 22 years experience working in video games and computer graphics.
He joined the team at Escape Studios in 2008, now the Head of Games, he leads the Games Art courses. After graduating from a Fine Art background, Simon joined Bits Studios and later moved on to Sony Computer Entertainment Europe for 10 years, designing and creating environments, characters and leading teams at a senior level.
He worked in senior lead roles on nine published titles including Total NBA ’97, This is Football, Getaway, Black Monday, Kinetic, Kinetic Combat and Sony Playstation Home. During his career he has also created bespoke courses for corporate clients in the video games and TV sectors such as Rare, Big Big Studios and the BBC.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, DNEG, Cinesite, Electric Theatre Collective and Jellyfish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career