BA (Honours) Business Management (Professional Pathway)
Business management is our most popular degree programme and this professional route has been created in response to demand from students who need a flexible degree programme. This course is designed to open doors for you by developing your business knowledge to give you greater confidence and proficiency. This professional pathway is ideal for students who are already working or setting up their own business as you can condense the classroom part of your study into one day per week.
Combining work with study will give you the ultimate learning experience. You can tailor up to 50% of the course to your current employer or work experience. Plus you’ll learn in classes which are designed especially for professionals who are keen to progress in their careers. You will be able to draw from each others experiences, share insights from different industries and network.
You will also participate in weekly group supervision sessions which focuses on your learning outside of the classroom.
- UCAS code: 4KPP
- Institution code: P34
- Location: Midtown campus
- Start date: September 2019
- Fees: £9,000* (less fee waiver)
- Mode of study: Full time (FT)
- Duration: 3 years
- Entry requriements: Typical offer: 120 UCAS points (BBB at A levels), successful completion of a professional pathway workshop and an extended interview
Every aspect of your degree programme will be shaped by the employers we work with and you'll get the chance to learn directly from them, helping you develop the skills, qualities and experience you need for your career.
- All of our degrees are designed through our unique approach which brings together leading figures from business and academic communities to design degrees that are relevant to employers. Our programmes have been developed with input from industry partners, including Unilever, Lotus F1, IBM, WPP - a world leader in marketing communications, Lloyds of London and leading law firm Gowling WLG.
- Employers get involved in the actual delivery of modules too, so there’s a wide range of industry activities and projects that you can be part of. You’ll visit the HQ of some of the biggest companies in London, be taught by professionals through industry workshops, attend a yearly conference and have the opportunity to work with a mentor with an industry background.
- That means you’ll get direct exposure to hugely successful real-world businesses and business leaders, through regular industry workshops, termly industry conferences and a yearly residential event. Previous workshops and conferences have been hosted or run by Unilever, Savills, IBM, Direct Line Group, L'Oreal and Salesforce, to name just a few.
- You’ll get the chance to compete in national and international business challenges too, like the L’Oreal Brandstorm competition. Three of our Business and Enterprise students won the UK final in 2013, so you’ll be following in impressive footsteps. Find out more
Why Pearson Business School?
Choose Pearson Business School and you'll be immersed in business from day one. You will:
- study within the heart of a FTSE100 company, in Pearson's offices in the heart of central London, a little different from the average university campus!
- be taught by top industry professionals as well as leading academics as all of our courses are designed, developed and delivered by industry
- benefit from guaranteed internships, if you're a full-time undergraduate student within Pearson Business School (subject to academic performance)
- learn about business as it really is, fast-paced, global, exciting, challenging and forever-changing and our workshops and events with industry give you the chance to show up and shine!
- get the best of both worlds - by benefitting from the perfect balance of academic theory and practical, industry experience
- graduate feeling ready to leap straight into your career and you'll stand out from the crowd too
- also have a lot of fun along the way!