BA (Honours)/MArt The Art of Computer Animation (Integrated Masters)
Breathe life into characters and creatures, and create entertaining performances for the world to enjoy.
Do you dream of working in the animation industry or even starting your own studio? Advancements in technology and the boom of the VFX industry have made computer animation one of the fastest growing careers. Our animation degree has been developed in collaboration with top practitioners to provide you both the professional skills and knowledge that the industry is looking for.
Bring your characters to life from day one - working in industry-style studio’s using the latest tools and techniques and working as part of a team on high quality creative projects. You'll have intensive, hands-on tutorials with industry-trained tutors, who alongside practising animation professionals will provide regular feedback on your work.
You'll graduate studio ready with a professional portfolio of work to show employers and a degree validated by the University of Kent - known as the UK's European University, it is ranked 23rd in The Guardian University Guide 2017.
This programme has been developed in collaboration with experienced industry leaders such as cutting-edge visual effects specialists Double Negative and Framestore, industry expert Hugo Sands (independent animation consultant, producer and manager) and advisory board member Tara Saunders (London Studio Art Manager at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe).
Our industry partners influence everything we do. You’ll have regular contact with the industry, from master classes given by leading professionals to industry-defined creative briefs and regular feedback from industry mentors. You’ll also have the opportunity to attend industry talks, as well as events aimed at helping you network with studios, talk to recruiters and showcase your showreel.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career