BA (Honours)/MArt The Art of Visual Effects (Integrated Masters)
We've been developing VFX talent since 2002 and we've helped thousands of students break into the industry.
Do you dream of working in the Visual Effects (VFX) industry on the latest commercial or next blockbuster? Our course is perfect for those looking to gain knowledge of 3D VFX and Compositing, the degree will provide you with the professional skills that the industry is looking for or even to start your own studio.
Learn to be a creative artist from day one - working in industry-style studio’s using the latest tools and techniques and working as part of a team on high quality creative projects. You’ll have intensive, hands-on tutorials with industry-trained tutors, who alongside practising professionals will provide regular feedback on your work.
You'll graduate studio ready with a professional portfolio of work to show employers and a degree validated by the University of Kent - known as the UK's European University, it is ranked 23rd in The Guardian University Guide 2017.
This programme has been developed in collaboration with experienced industry leaders such as Double Negative (the VFX company behind films such as Interstellar and the Dark Knight Trilogy), and Framestore (VFX for films such as Paddington, Dr Strange and Oscar-winning Gravity).
Our industry partners influence everything we do. You’ll have regular contact with the industry, from master classes given by leading professionals to industry-defined creative briefs and regular feedback from industry mentors.
You'll also have the opportunity to attend industry talks, as well as events aimed at helping you network with studios, talk to recruiters and showcase your showreel.
Why Escape Studios?
- Our tutors have worked in the industry and have been hand-picked from successful studios; they teach real-world tips and tricks learnt from on-the-job experience
- You'll work in an industry-style studio from day one, so you'll get a taste of what it's like to work in industry
- Our industry partners include Framestore, The Mill, MPC, Double Negative, Cinesite, Electric Theatre and JellyFish Pictures (to name just a few!)
- Our industry partners help to design, develop and deliver our courses and they influence everything we do, so you'll benefit from up-to-the-minute knowledge and experience
- You'll study at the heart of London's creative scene, so our state of the art facilities are the perfect place to kick-start your career