BSc (Hons)/MSci Professional Accounting in Business
Our Professional Accounting in Business degree is strongly aligned to professional body qualifications, covering and providing exemptions for the first nine papers of the ACCA qualification, along with the opportunity to obtain exemptions from elements of both the CIMA and ICAEW ACA qualifications. Our degree has a strong focus on the application of technical skills learnt to real commercial contexts.
It's designed to enable you to fast track becoming a fully qualified Accountant with ACCA in as little as three years and develop the business skills required in professional finance teams. You’ll be guaranteed a finance-related internship (subject to eligibility criteria), and will regularly complete ‘simulated placements’ that are designed to mimic real-life projects.
Our programme has also been awarded Credit for Prior Learning with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) for their ACA professional qualification. This means that you will be able to apply for exemptions for 7 of the 15 exams, effectively having completed all of the certificate level exams and one from the professional level as part of completing your degree.
Industry engagement is at the core of everything we do and you'll have industry workshops with professionals from global companies. Students have previously visited Lloyd's of London, IBM and Unilever. You'll be taught by Chartered Accountants that have worked for sector-leading companies such as Deloitte and PwC and you'll study in one of London's busiest business districts.
If you choose to study the Integrated Masters option, you will complete a fourth year that will enable you to become fully exam qualified with ACCA and gain a Masters qualification at the same time.
- UCAS code: N400 (BSc) N401 (MSci)
- Institution code: P34
- Location: Midtown campus
- Start date: September 2020
- Tuition fees: £9,250 p.a
- Mode of study: Full time
- Programme duration: 3 years BSc (FT) or 4 years MSci (FT)
- Entry requirements: Typical offer: 120 UCAS points (BBB at A levels) and an interview
- Accreditation: Accredited ACCA programme
Explore our campus, meet industry-trained tutors and chat to inspiring students at an Open Day!
Request a copy of our new undergraduate prospectus for 2018.
Can't make it to an open day? Take a virtual tour of our Midtown campus.
Every aspect of your degree programme will be shaped by the industry partners we work with and you'll get the chance to learn directly from them, helping you develop the skills, qualities and experience you need for your career.
- All of our degrees are designed through our unique approach which brings together leading figures from business and academic communities to design degrees that are relevant to employers. Our programmes have been developed with input from industry partners, including Unilever, IBM, WPP - a world leader in marketing communications and L'Oréal.
- Employers get involved in the actual delivery of modules too, so there’s a wide range of industry activities and projects that you can be part of.
- That means you’ll get direct exposure to hugely successful real-world businesses and business leaders. Previous workshops and conferences have been hosted or run by Unilever, Savills, IBM, Direct Line Group and L'Oreal, to name just a few.
Why Pearson Business School?
Choose Pearson Business School and you'll be immersed in business from day one. You will:
- study within the heart of a FTSE100 company, in Pearson's offices in the heart of central London, a little different from the average university campus!
- be taught by top industry professionals as well as leading academics as all of our courses are designed, developed and delivered by industry
- benefit from guaranteed internships, if you're a full-time undergraduate student within Pearson Business School (subject to academic performance)
- learn about business as it really is, fast-paced, global, exciting, challenging and forever-changing and our workshops and events with industry give you the chance to show up and shine!
- get the best of both worlds - by benefitting from the perfect balance of academic theory and practical, industry experience
- graduate feeling ready to leap straight into your career and you'll stand out from the crowd too
- also have a lot of fun along the way!