Centre for Industry Engagement
Introduction from the director
The Pearson College London Centre for Industry Engagement (CIE) lies at the heart of Pearson College London's mission to integrate the worlds of industry and academia for the mutual benefit of all our stakeholders - our students, our partners in industry and our academic community. It aims to become a hub of collaboration between education and employers, to explore, debate and research issues, and to share and disseminate knowledge and understanding we develop together more widely. The Centre for Industry Engagement builds on the core strengths and activities of Pearson College London, taking the best of what is already being done at Escape Studios and Pearson Business School, and making it part of our institutional DNA.
Our central activities
The Centre for Industry Engagement will fulfil this mission through four central activities:
- collaboration between industry and our academic community in the design and delivery of innovative new degree and apprenticeship programmes;
- development of collaborative research projects that explore issues at the interface of higher education and the world of employment or are otherwise of relevance to our academic community;
- creation of authentic learning opportunities for our students that enable them to engage academically and professionally with industry (including international partners) through a variety of activities, such as: participation in industry projects; internships; apprenticeships; and conferences; and
- organisation of thought leadership events bringing our stakeholders together to explore, discuss and debate current topics at the intersection of industry and education, with the aim of encouraging a deeper awareness of different perspectives and experiences and sharing findings and innovative practice for the benefit of the wider community.
What’s in it for business?
The benefits to Pearson College London of the Centre for Industry Engagement's activities are self-evident, but it must also benefit our industry partners if it is to be sustainable. The Centre for Industry Engagement will therefore offer our collaborating partners in business:
- a platform to access and collaborate with other businesses and educational organisations
- access to a huge talent pool through our extensive network of contacts, students and alumni
- participation in group learning sessions in emerging areas of business alongside academic experts in the field, students and fellow industry professionals
- bespoke CPD programmes for their staff facilitated through our network of academic experts and fellow industry professionals
- opportunities for CSR activities in partnership with our students and fellow collaborating businesses.
Future CIE Events
1 November 2017 at 6:00pm
A facilitated panel discussion on the topic 'After 10 years of innovation and collaboration between educators and industrialists, why are soft skills still proving such a tough nut to crack?'
Previous CIE events
Escape XV Anniversary
7 September 2017
17 May 2017 at 6:30pm