Degree Apprenticeships for employers
What is a Degree Apprenticeship?
Degree Apprenticeships are an innovative new qualification that bring together the best of higher education and real world experience. Apprentices will split their time between university study and the workplace and will be employed throughout – gaining a full bachelor’s or master’s degree from a university or college while earning a salary, and getting real on-the-job experience in their chosen profession.
Pearson Business School has identified a growing need for employers to fill skills gaps within their current workforce, thereby impacting their business growth and the local economy. Our Degree Apprenticeship programmes are designed to deliver apprentices who begin to learn sector specific skills from day one; developing specialist knowledge that will positively affect your workforce, and ultimately your bottom line.
How can we help?
We work closely with each employer to:
- recruit and perform initial sifting of applicants, specially selecting students who have demonstrated wider thinking and cognitive thought process while also providing a shortlist of candidates according to your requirements
- provide government funded training and reduce the cost for businesses
- provide close mentoring, ensuring students study does not disrupt their work commitments
- review staff development needs and match to apprenticeships
- assist with rules and funding
- advice on apprenticeships including understanding the landscape, rules, funding, and exploration of how this could benefit individual organisations
- provide bespoke courses, modules and credit recognition for work based projects
Offering a bespoke Degree Apprenticeship training scheme is a great way to attract and keep the best people in your business. Pearson Business School works hand-in-hand with employers to create apprenticeship programmes tailored to individual business in order to recruit and build future talent from within. The cost to you as a business could be as little as £1,200 per year per student.
Not paying the levy?
Read our new guide to our sponsored degree programme for non levy-paying organisations.