Frequently asked questions
If you can’t decide whether a traditional degree course is right for you, a Degree Apprenticeship might be a great option, allowing you to gain both the all-important qualifications and fast-track your career. In a nutshell, a Degree Apprenticeship combines studying towards a degree with practical work experience, giving you the best of both worlds. You’ll be employed, paid a salary and study part-time.
Find the answers to all your burning questions about Degree Apprenticeships below.
What are the benefits of a Degree Apprenticeship?
- You'll receive an annual salary - you’ll be able to earn whilst you learn as you'll earn an annual salary
- Your tuition fees will be paid, so there's no debt to accrue!
- You'll gain a degree as part of the apprenticeship; the degree is validated by the University of Kent, so you’ll be equipped for success
- You may also be eligible for Chartered Manager status
- You'll be taught by industry professionals - our tutors don’t just teach business, they live and breathe it, as they’ve all had successful careers in the industry
- You'll graduate career ready - everything we do is designed to ensure our students are industry ready, you’ll be taught by industry professionals, you’ll gain real and relevant experience and gain a leading qualification at the same time
- You'll study within Pearson Business School, part of Pearson College London, so you’ll be studying within the heart of a FTSE100 company, helping you to start your career from day one
- Our degree apprenticeships are co-designed by leading companies, to ensure they are relevant for the skills employers are looking for
- Our degree apprenticeship programmes are suitable if you're looking to get into full time employment and study at the same time. If you choose to apply for a degree apprenticeship, your studies will be practice-focused, so they’ll relate directly to challenges that you’ll face in the workplace. It’ll give you an opportunity to develop in your role and gain a head-start in your career.
You can keep up to date with all the latest vacancies by signing up to our Degree Apprenticeship vacancy alerts
How to apply
At Pearson Business School we recruit for Degree Apprentices all year round and often have brand new schemes with exciting new employers. The best way to stay up to date with all our latest schemes is to sign up for vacancy alerts, this way you will be the first to hear about new schemes as soon as they go live.
Our Degree Apprenticeships are extremely popular and we only have limited places available, so we recommend applying as soon as applications open!
Stage 1 - You must complete an online application form that includes all the information that you would put on your CV; job history, predicted or achieved grades and a personal statement.
Stage 2 - You will then receive a core abilities test that you need to complete online, it takes 15 minutes and includes verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning questions.
Stage 3 - The next stage is a Professional Workshop, this will take place at Pearson College London and will consist of a group task, written task, an interview and a critical thinking test. This is often attended by the partner company and can be personalised to that specific role and company.
Stage 4 - If you are successful in all the previous stages you will be invited to a company interview held at the offices of the specific organisation you have applied to. This is the final stage and if successful you will be a fully-fledged Degree Apprentice!
If you've missed the deadline then don't worry. You can still put your name down on our waiting list.
Degree Apprenticeship Quiz
Find out if you are suited to a Degree Apprenticeship by taking our quiz!
This isn’t a traditional route into higher education and the process is very thorough, because the chance to earn a salary, study a degree and graduate debt free is invaluable. However, don’t be put off, this is a fantastic opportunity for those who have the right determination and dedication.