How to apply for a Degree Apprenticeship
In order to be considered for the Degree Apprenticeship opportunities when they are available, you must first complete a general Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship application during the relevant window, going through our pre-screening process outlined below.
Degree Apprenticeship Application Process
Stage 1 - Online Application Form
You must complete an online application form that includes all the information that you would put on your CV; job history, predicted or achieved grades and a personal statement. This is a general Degree Apprenticeship application, rather than for a specific role.
Stage 2 - Core Abilities Test
You will then receive a core abilities test that you need to complete online, it takes 15 minutes and includes verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning questions.
Stage 3 - Professional Workshop
The next stage is a Professional Workshop, this will take place online and will consist of a written task, an interview and a critical thinking test.
Stage 4 – Opportunities with Employer Partners
If you are successful in all the previous stages (Pre-Screening) and meet the criteria set by our employer partners, we will be in contact when they have opportunities available for the relevant intake. At this point you will need to confirm if you would like to be considered and are happy for us to pass on your details.
Stage 5 – Company Assessment
If you have agreed to be considered for the specific opportunity, the company will then select a shortlist who will be invited to the company assessment. This is the final stage and if successful you will be a fully-fledged Degree Apprentice!
September 2021 intake
- Application window opens: from December 2020.
- Closing date: Friday 26th February at 4pm
- Professional Workshop (including interview): March - April 2021
In the meantime, sign up to our alerts to be notified when our application windows open and receive useful information in between.
The entry requirements for our Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeships are as follows:
- Eligible to study an apprenticeship in the UK Aged 18 or over at start of the programme
- Completion of any study you're currently undertaking, prior to the start of the programme
- GCSE English (literature or language) and GCSE Maths at Grade C/4 or above OR Functional Skills Level 2 English and Functional Skills Maths Level 2 at pass (or equivalent qualifications as approved by the ESFA)*
- General suitability and the ability to complete the Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship programme, which involves working four days per week and studying for a BA(Hons) Business Management one day per week, plus independent study.
*If you do not have these already then you can still apply, but you must have successfully passed Functional Skills before we can put you forward for a shortlist with a company offering an apprenticeship position. Pearson College London does not offer Functional Skills.
Please note, if any of the following applies to you then you cannot apply for a degree apprenticeship with Pearson College London:
- Started or completed a programme at Level 4 or above (usually in a Business or Management or Finance related subject) that covers any of the learning outcomes of the BA(Hons) Business Management or the Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours of the CMDA
- Started or completed an apprenticeship programme at Level 4 or above
- Have professional experience covered in the Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours of the CMDA.