Warburtons Degree Apprenticeship
At Warburtons Managers aren’t born they’re bread - we are now welcoming applications for the Warburtons 2019 Management Degree Apprenticeship. This is perfect opportunity to earn a salary and gain a degree at the same time.
Warburtons are looking for their Apprentices to have a passion for food production, manufacturing and distribution to join their family in October 2019. As a Degree Apprentice you will initially be based in the Enfield Bakery for 4 days a week and you will study one day a week from January 2020 at Pearson Business School completing a Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship. You’ll undertake a mixture of degree study and on the job training with your own personal Warburtons mentor.
Warburtons are proud to have some of the most innovative, modern and automated technology that the food manufacturing industry has to offer. As ‘Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’ they have been baking bread since 1876. They have a family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK and are recognised as a Sunday Times Top Best Big Companies’ to work for over consecutive years.
The Warburtons Degree Apprenticeship provides the knowledge, skills and experience needed for a role in Management. You'll be working across a range of different functions and teams in Operations: including Manufacturing, Plant and Engineering, Warehousing, Distribution, Quality, Technical and Health and Safety to broaden your knowledge and understanding in all areas of the operation.
You’ll take on real roles with real responsibility and undertake challenging placements around the business. You will initially be based at our Enfield Bakery, the biggest bakery site in Europe, with time spent in Manufacturing and Distribution.
At the end of your Apprenticeship you'll have achieved your Degree and be ready to step into a management role; this might be Team Manager, Warehouse Manager, Driver Operations Manager, Bakery Manager or Supply Chain Management. This route will be the start of your career in management and can open the door to many more opportunities within the business.
To join our Warburtons Apprenticeship programme, you'll need the following:
- You will be 18 years or over by September 2019
- Have achieved or have predicted 120 UCAS points (or equivalent)
- Able to be flexible around work patterns, including shifts, weekends and evenings
- Fully mobile with flexibility on location
- You'll have excellent analytical skills and enjoy problem solving with a logical and structured approach
- Passion, drive and commitment to complete a 4-year Degree Apprenticeship at Pearson Business School and graduate with a degree in Business Management validated by The University of Kent
- Able to demonstrate a genuine interest in food manufacturing
- Happy to roll your sleeves up and starting from
scratch, immerse yourself into every aspect of manufacturing life
- Excellent written and verbal
- Competitive starting salary rising each year through to year 4
- 25 days paid holiday a year
- Annual profit share
- Discounted retail vouchers, including gym membership discounts
Applications close on the 23rd of May at midday. Apply now
- Course title: Warburtons Degree Apprenticeship
- Degree programme: BA (Hons) Business Management
- Location: London
- Start date: October 2019, degree to start in January 2020
- Salary: Competitve
- Duration: 4 years
- Course format: 4 days work (at Warburtons), 1 day study (Friday)