Frances is the Deputy Vice Principal Talent Development and is responsible for developing practical employability workshops and opportunities for students to explore their careers. She is the author of Brilliant Employability Skills and has worked in the Higher Education sector for the past 14 years. Frances is passionate about employability and continually seeks opportunities for students to network with professionals and attend events organised by professional bodies.
Following her studies of Business at Undergraduate and the completion of her MBA Frances worked in the investment banking sector for Citigroup and JP Morgan. Her roles ranged from Foreign exchange to UK Data Centre Compliance Manager. Frances combines her experience of the business world in her academic delivery to provide current and thought provoking lectures in both strategy and marketing modules. Frances is currently researching for her Doctorate in Business Administration, where she has focused on the development of global employability skills.
Frances was involved in course design on the undergraduate programmes at Pearson Business School.
In her spare time Frances is a volunteer as an Enterprise Adviser with Team London and enjoys writing and is currently working on the second edition of Brilliant Employability Skills.
- February 2018 - Frances was nominated and shortlisted for Outstanding Contribution to Work Experience at the National University Employability (NUE) Awards 2018.
- Trought, F (2017) Brilliant Employability Skills, Pearson, Harlow Essex
- Trought, F (2011) Brilliant Employability Skills, Pearson, Harlow Essex
- Trought, F (2007) International Growth for SMEs: The World is Your Oyster cited in Jolly, A (2007) Institute of Directors The Growing Business Handbook, Kogan Page, London p301 -308
- Trought, F et al (2011) International Growth for SMEs: Where There is A Will, Could There be A Way cited in Jolly, A Institute of Directors The Growing Business Handbook, Kogan Page, London
- Trought, F (2014) International Growth for SMEs: A Problem Shared is A Problem Halved cited in Jolly, A Institute of Directors The Growing Business Handbook, Kogan Page, London
What has Frances been up to?
- November 2016 - Frances presented a Talk at the Southbank Being a Man Festival to adult mentors in schools about the importance of mentoring.
- January 2017 - Ran the Careers Festival 2017, including talks, lectures, workshops, speed networking and a range of other activities for PBS students.
- September 2017 - Frances led a lunch and learn training session on: Life in 3D - Your Drive Determines Your Destination.
- January 2018 - Ran the Pearson Business School Careers Festival 2018, a 3-day series of workshops, presentations and networking opportunities.
- January 2018 - Frances had a Royal Mail Case Study based on the Royal Mail challenge ran during induction 2017/2018 published in the Winter 2018 edition of The Student Employer Magazine.