Getting ready for University can be a traumatic experience, especially if you are moving away from home for the first time. Some of the students, here at Pearson College London, have made some suggestions about how to prepare for the next stage in your academic career.
1. Join the Facebook Group and get to know some of the people you will be living and studying with. Be active and ask any questions you have. Try not to be shy and get involved in the conversation.
2. Make sure you have all your paperwork you were asked to take in one folder so that you don’t have to stress about forgetting anything.
3. Definitely learn to cook (at least simple dishes) before you go. otherwise you will be paying through the roof for ready meals!
4. Be motivated and willing to get involved in everything. This is a great way to make friends and meet people with similar interests.
5. Pack pictures and belongings which will remind you of home and add to these through your time at Uni. Plenty of people miss home so remember that this isn’t unusual!
- Interested in finding out more?
- Read more blogs on student life at Pearson College London