If you are thinking about applying to Pearson College London and studying in London, we thought we would give you some top tips for enjoying London.
1. South Bank: South Bank is a huge suntrap until early evening and with the days getting shorter, it is certainly worthwhile taking advantage of the light evenings.
2. Camden Lock: If you are a creative soul, Camden Lock Market has become the heart of London’s creative district. Featuring some the capital’s greatest arts and crafts designers, it is definitely worth a trip.
3. Borough Market: Borough market is a unique culinary experience. Make sure to pay it a visit. It is great to just walk around (making it a free experience!) or splash out on a paella cooked right in front of you!
4. Pearson College London Student’s favourite pub, The Porterhouse: Students at Pearson College enjoy frequenting the largest pub in London. A short walk from 80 Strand, it is a great place to round off the week.
5. The Parks: The parks in London offer a welcome respite to the tall buildings which line the streets of Central.
6. Boat Trips: There is nothing more pleasant than cruising down the Thames on a late, sunny September afternoon. These trips don’t have to be expensive and are a great way to see the City.
7. Discount Suit Company: Now, I’m letting you all into a little secret here...So don’t tell anyone! There is an amazing cocktail bar, hidden behind an old suit company, in Shoreditch. It will take you a little off the beaten track… If you can find it!
8. Pop up Bars and Restaurants: There are so many different and exciting things happening in London all the time; like Pop-up bars and restaurants and so keeping track of events you want to go to is tough! I highly recommend signing up to the weekly newsletter of ‘London Pop-Ups’.
9. Boris Bikes: These are great fun! An easy way to see the city and get some exercise. Not expensive and can make a long, boring commute into a fast and exciting adventure!
10. Mrs Kibble’s Sweet Shoppe: If you have a sweet tooth, this is a ‘must-see’. Mrs Kibble’s opened in 2006 and sells all the sweets that we all remember so well from our childhood but can’t get anywhere else! Everlasting Gobstoppers? Check! Candy Necklaces? Check!
- Interested in finding out more?
- Read more blogs on student life at Pearson College London