Want to know what a Trailblazer looks like?
"Pearson College London promised that my career would start on day 1.... and it did. Now, almost 3 years later, see how my CV is work-ready!"
Jack Preston, Pearson Business School Alumni
An ambitious and innovative undergraduate. Strong interest in technology and the Internet of Things (IoT); seeks outopportunities, and then plans and executes strategies to exploit them. Eager to learn and develop skills further and passionateabout creating sustainable but profitable business.
Technology Graduate, Not On The High Street
June 2016 - Present
Currently undertaking four placements across Development, Testing, Operations and Product
Project Assistant, WPP’s Ogilvy
Working across various projects including topical research for both new and current clients
September 2015 - Present
Set up a business (Yaantu.com) whilst studying at Pearson Business School. I was responsible for the initial development of the concept through to the final product used by both FTSE100 companies and SME’s, to create a happy, healthy, productive workforce.
- Product development / UX design – Planned and delivered software delivery on time and on budget.
- User engagement – Designed and delivered email marketing campaign to support employee behavioural change
- Strategy / Partnerships – Adapted concept over time using user data and customer feedback
- Invited speaker at the 24th International World Wide Web conference as part of their Digital Health track in Florence
- Presented and sold the “happy, healthy, productive” concept to UK board of FTSE 100 global business
- Achieved increase in employee productivity, with 87% stating there was a “notable increase”
Analyst, Market and Competitor (M&C) insight team, Direct Line Group
June - September 2014
As part of the M&C insight team, helped to turn the organisation’s vast quantity of data into actionable insight.
- Communicated with external providers of data whilst researching and analysing competitors and the market to gaininsight and create reports for teams
- Redesigned the team’s pages on the marketing hub; redesigned the user journey through the site, created teammember profiles, created competitor profiles.
Promotions team member, Crussh
March - August 2014
Engaged in Marketing activities that were both B2B and B2C targeted. Learned basic sales skills whilst building B2B relationships.
Direct Line Group Hackathon
Reforming insurance and presenting a new product for Direct Line Group Insurance
IBM Innovation Day
Won best pitch at IBM on our group’s innovative idea on bringing technology into education. Invited to IBM’s UK Innovation Centre at Hursley House
Pearson Industry Day
Presenting to Pearson’s CEO John Fallon on a new model for Pearson College London to cope with the increasing demand ineducation and how it could be implemented across different countries. Following on from this, I worked with Pearson on a projectto provide education to refugees in camps across Europe.
September 2013 - June 2016
BSc (Hons) Business and Enterprise, Pearson College London (validated by Royal Holloway University)
Expected result: 1st
- Awarded 50% academic scholarship
- Gained insight into aspects of Pearson’s global business
- Developed network of contacts and relationships
Hereford Sixth Form College
September 2010 – June 2012
History – B, Government & Politics – B, Drama & Theatre Studies - B
Innovation, leadership, communicating, presenting, UX design, MS Office Suite, Adoble Illustrator + Photoshop, HMTL, CSS, Social Media
Charlton Athletic Football Club, cycling + jogging, exploring and understanding new technologies
Available upon request