You've submitted your UCAS application and have taken part in a telephone interview and have now received an invite to one of our exciting Professional Workshops, so what happens next?
Our Professional Workshops are your chance to tell us more about who you are as a person, past what your predicted grades tell us, and is a chance for you to experience life at Pearson Business School before you join us.
The day is held inside Pearson Plc, one of the largest education companies in the world. This is a fun opportunity to find out more about us in a relaxed environment and gain real experience of life inside a FTSE 100 company.
What to expect on the day?
The day comprises a mixture of group work and individual activities. It’ll give you a real taste of life at Pearson Business School as you’ll get to meet some of current students, and take part in exciting industry tasks just like our students do on their industry days!
Before the day:
- Make sure you are clear on the location of the workshop and plan your route in detail. If you aren’t sure on the details, email or call us in advance. Check your email regularly for updates on timings and the location that your workshop will be held at.
On the day:
- Look the part. Make sure you look professional and feel confident and comfortable in what you are wearing.
- Be on time. Being on time means arriving 15 minutes before the start, this will give you enough time to register your attendance and be settled for the beginning. Take into consideration where you are coming from and that delays, no matter where you live, can happen. It is better to be an hour early and relax in a café nearby than to arrive late.
- Be prepared for a group activity. When taking part in the group activity, our tutors will be looking at your communication skills, collaborative creative ideas and how you work as part of a team - so it is important that you are able to be a team player.
- Ask questions. There will be opportunities given for you to ask questions, take this time to impress, with thoughtful and relevant queries.
- Stay calm, take a deep breath and try to enjoy the experience!
Top reasons to attend:
- You'll be granted a partial tuition fee waiver so you save money on your university fees
- You'll automatically be considered for one of our scholarships
- You'll gain valuable experience of completing a graduate scheme assessment day - something that will come in very handy in a few years' time!
- You'll meet other potential students on your course
- You'll get to know your tutors!
If you have any further questions, you can contact our Applicant Advisors at: email@example.com