Results day is overwhelming for parents and students alike, it’s the culmination of years of hard work on both parts. Now you are at the A-Level finish line, here is a breakdown of what you need to know on A-Level Results Day.
On The Day- August 17th:
- Results are usually available from 6am but schools will usually open their gates around 10am. Check your child’s school/college website for more details.
- The school will assemble a results ‘pick-up point’ which is usually situated in the assembly/sports hall.
- Results are handed directly to the student in a sealed envelope. Once opened if the results are what were needed to gain a place into university no further action (other than celebrating) is needed. The A-Level results will have been sent directly to the universities and colleges for them to secure your child’s place.
- If the results aren’t what were needed to get into their first or insurance choice, don’t panic there will be plenty of options.
Don’t panic if your child doesn’t get the results they were expecting:
- Contact your firm and insurance choices as there may be some flexibility with the offer. Ensure you have the numbers of the universities at hand and speak to someone directly to see if they will adjust the offer.
- If you haven’t been accepted by your choices, you will automatically be entered into UCAS Clearing. More and more students are using clearing as a way to study where and what they want. Clearing now has a wide range of courses that are available after the main application deadline. The grade requirements through this process are usually lower and you may be surprised at the courses and options that will be available. Check out the UCAS website for more information. Pearson College London have clearing advisors ready to help you every step of the way, so please don’t hesitate to call us.
- Consider other options - taking a gap year, gaining work experience or doing a Degree Apprenticeship may be something to think about. Degree apprenticeships are a great way to gain work experience whilst studying towards a degree! Applications to our L’Oreal Degree Apprenticeship can be made until October 16th.
- Take some time to reflect - after years of intense studying, having a year off to reflect isn’t a bad thing! Gaining experience outside of school can help students assess what they are looking for from Higher Education and/or their next step in life.
For independent advice on exam results call 0808 100 8000. If you have any concerns or want to know more information please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com or call us on 0203 7335 656.
Finally, best of luck to parents and students this August!