On Wednesday 7th November 2018, we celebrated our biggest graduation yet and in a new and bigger location, The Barbican Centre. The ceremony began at 2pm with a welcome speech from our Principal, Roxanne Stockwell, who reflected on the successes of our students so far and she wished them well as they took their first steps into the next chapter of their professional careers.
It was a proud day for all involved as we celebrated the achievements of our extremely talented cohorts from a number of our programmes;
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Enterprise
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Global Industries
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Marketing
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Law
- BA (Hons) Business Management with CMDA Apprenticeship
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Entrepreneurship
- LLB (Hons) Law Professional Legal Practice
- BSc Professional Accounting in Business
- BA (Hons) Business Management with BBC Degree Apprenticeship
- MA Game Art
- MA Compositing for Visual Effects
- MA 3D for Visual Effects
- MA Visual Effects Production
- Higher National Diploma
Each year we recognise a few of our graduates who have produced exceptional work throughout their degrees and this year the following students received awards:
- Charles Finn Murphy - Academic excellence: Strategy
- Thomas Cowley - Academic excellence: Marketing
- Anna Tredgett - Academic excellence: International Business
- Nicola Hatfield - Academic excellence: Strategy
- Masters Degree 2018, Best Project: Yordan Ivanov
- Masters Degree 2018, Best Overall Performance: Leonardo Balen
Roxanne closed the ceremony with telling students to be bold, take risks, maintain their integrity, think globally and be career-focused. Graduation day is a fantastic opportunity for students to celebrate their achievements with their tutors and their family and friends, who have supported them through their academic studies. It was an amazing ceremony and those who attended left with treasured memories and lots of photos to remember the special day. Congratulations again to all of our graduates we can’t wait to see what you get up to next!
Notes for editors:
About Pearson Business School
Education, powered by industry experience.
We're transforming higher education. As a FTSE 100 company, immersed in industry, we do things differently. Industry engagement is at the core of everything that we do, and it’s what sets us apart.
We offer all full-time degree students guaranteed internships*, so they gain experience during their studies. Our degree apprentices also get to work within a company throughout their studies, so they gain valuable experience, learning on the job. We help our students to build their own professional networks; they’re taught by well-connected industry experts, and they get to make contacts at industry workshops led by some of the world’s most reputable organisations. We work with industry giants from Unilever, L’Oreal, and Sony Pictures, to WPP, Lloyds of London and IBM. Alongside their academic studies, it's experiences like these that help our students to develop the knowledge and skills they’ll need to succeed, as well as inspire them, so they have the drive and ambition to get ahead.
Our students are enterprising and entrepreneurial. They get to work with our in-house business incubator FindOutFresher, and many have set up their own companies too, like Kickpush and Yaantu and even social enterprises like Once Upon a Doug.
Our alumni have gone on to work for brands such as Nestle, Sainsbury’s, Microsoft, Dyson, Not on the High Street, the BBC, Snapchat, Wincanton and General Mills.
Industry engagement drives us; it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. And it is what will take us, and our students, into the future.
*subject to academic performance