On Thursday 7th November 2019, we celebrated graduation once again at The Barbican Centre, Milton Court; it was our biggest ceremony to date, with two separate ceremonies for Escape Studios and Pearson Business School. The ceremony began with a welcome speech from our Principal, Dr Roxanne Stockwell, who reflected on the successes of our students so far and she wished them well as they took their first steps into the next chapter of their professional careers.
2019 marked significant milestones in Pearson College London’s history. We saw our first undergraduate cohort graduate from Escape Studios, in addition to our Pearson Business School Business, Law and Accounting students and our apprentices from the innovative Rotational Degree Apprenticeship programme, as they celebrated their graduation on the same date too.
It was a proud day for all involved as we celebrated the achievements of our extremely talented cohorts from the following programmes;
- BA (Hons) Business Management
- BA (Hons) Business and Enterprise
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Global Industries
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Marketing
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Law
- BA (Hons) Business Management with CMDA Apprenticeship
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Entrepreneurship
- BSc Professional Accounting in Business
- BA (Hons) Business Management with BBC Degree Apprenticeship
- Certificate of Higher Education Business Management
- Certificate of Higher Education Business Management with Marketing
- Diploma of Higher Education Business Management with Marketing
- BA (Hons) Business Management with Finance
- BSc (Hons) Professional Accounting in Business Bachelor of Law with Business Management
- Bachelor of Laws
- MA Game Art
- MA Compositing for Visual Effects
- MA 3D for Visual Effects
- MA Visual Effects Production
- Postgraduate Certificate Game Art
- BA (Hons) The Art of Computer Animation
- BA (Hons) The Art of Visual Effects
- BA (Hons) The Art of Video Games
Each year we recognise a few of our graduates who have produced exceptional work throughout their degrees and this year the following students received awards:
Pearson Business School
- Ben Hughes Award for Industry Engagement - Chris Achiampong
- Best Overall Performance in Final Project - Ashley Preece and Ellis Chivers
- Best Overall Performance in Marketing - Shweta Oedra
- Best Overall Performance in Global Industries - Michael Aning
- Best Overall Performance in Finance and Accounting - Belal Abdul Rahman
- Best Overall Performance in Sustainability - Holly Garrett
- Best Overall Performance in Art of Animation - Aaron Hopwood
- Best Overall Performance in Art of Video Games - Fabrizio Bergamo
- Best Overall Performance in Art of Visual Effects - Allan Dias Marques
- Outstanding Contribution - Matthew Wight
- Rising Star - Harrison Workman
- Best Overall Performance in Master of Arts Final Project - Stephen Nevin
- Best Overall Performance on Master of Arts Programme - Niccolo Temperanza
Graduation day is a fantastic opportunity for our new graduates to celebrate their achievements with their tutors, family and friends, who have supported them through their academic studies. It was an amazing ceremony and those who attended left with treasured memories and lots of photos to remember the special day. Congratulations again to all of our graduates and we wish them success for their future careers.
About Pearson College London
Education, powered by industry experience.
Industry engagement is at the core of everything that we do; it’s the key to delivering our vision of empowering the people that will change the world.
Our mission is clear: to become one of the UK's leading universities for in-depth industry engagement. Our academic schools are united by our mantra "designed, developed and delivered by industry" and we ensure our students graduate industry ready, as their career starts from day one.
Our students are taught by experts that have all worked in their respective industries and they benefit from industry feedback from leaders within industry too. They get to deliver on live industry briefs and attend industry workshops led by some of the world's most reputable organisations. We work with industry giants from Unilever, L’Oreal, WPP and IBM, to Framestore, Double Negative, MPC and The Mill, and that's what sets us apart.
When you combine higher education and industry, everyone benefits. Especially when there's a need for graduates to stand out from the crowd in a competitive market.
Industry engagement drives us; it’s not just what we do, it’s who we are. And it is what will take us, and our students, into the future.