We’re here to give you much more than a degree so you can build your employability skills and really shine in the workplace. Over 418,000 students * in the UK graduated with a degree during the last academic year! Graduates need more than a qualification to stand out and our dedicated Talent Development Team are here to help you do just that. Alongside your academic studies you’ll have access to a programme of events, conferences, workshops, resources and unique opportunities to build your career from day one.
*HESA, Higher Education Student Statistics: UK, 2017/18 - Qualifications achieved.
More than a degree
At Pearson Business School, you’ll get more than a degree. Our Talent Development team will help you stand out. By taking part in events in workshops you’ll benefit from:
- Make industry connections and network with employers
- Get feedback from the people that will one day be looking to employ you
- Meet our Escapees who have been there and done it!
- Become a more well rounded student/artist
- Prepare for finding a graduate job (CV and interview clinics)
- Get tons of talking points to make you stand out to future employers
Heres a taste of what to expect:
Real-world learning starts during your first week. As part of Welcome Week, you’ll take part in an industry challenge with a real business. You’ll work in teams on a project and then pitch your ideas back to the company. We’ve previously had challenges from Shell , Boots, Satalia , The Post Office , Apple and many more. The quickest way to learn is to try for yourself and there will be business challenges throughout your degree.
Make it your own
We encourage and welcome ideas from our students. Ultimately your feedback and participation will shape your experience at Pearson College London. We want to work with you so you leave with a CV packed with examples, talking-points and experience. From winning the L’Oreal Brandstorm competition, to presenting their research projects at Harvard University, to having lunch with senior managers at Deloitte – we work with our students to create unique opportunities that make them stand out.
You might know exactly what career you want or you might be exploring your options. Our Talent Development Team is here to help. From CV workshops, to LinkedIn photoshoots, to speed networking. There’s a whole host of events and online resources to help you plan for your future career.
Friends of Pearson
We’re part of Pearson Plc, a global education company with over 25,000 staff worldwide. We can help you connect with mentors and professionals that can offer you feedback, coaching and support from a different perspective. Many of our students during their studies and afterwards have interned and worked at Pearson.
The highlight of our work fitness weeks are the industry conferences. Set around a theme, you’ll hear from leading experts and take part in an industry challenge. In the past year, we’ve run conferences focusing on:
• Strategy – with speakers from Deloitte, Pearson, ETC Venues and TIL Ventures .
• Entrepreneurship – with speakers from Barclays Ventures, JobLab, Portfolio People and ERIC Festival .
• Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), employability and internships – organised by LVMH, with speakers from Moët Hennessy .
Work with Start-ups
There are over 5.7 million SMEs and start-ups in the UK which is over 99% of all businesses!** Working with a start-up is a great way to gain experience and learn fast. Every year we host startups within the campus, to give you the opportunity to work with and learn directly from them. We currently house:
• Bright/Shift – an agency helping purpose-led brands make the most significant impact possible through social media (brightshift.co.uk )
• ERIC – alternative careers service for young people who want to be creative or get into the creative industries (ericfestival.com)